We are super excited to have our first Feature Blogger today! Lauren is a Myrtle Beach writer at Chips & Salsa who loves to find new recipes to share with her readers! A Recipe Blog, and a Blog that sells recipe cards… Coincidence? We think not! If you still have room in your belly after your Thanksgiving feast, check out this recipe by Lauren for Duncan Mac & Cheese!
If you’re interested in being a Feature Blogger on Saltwater, email us at email@example.com!
Cook Time: 1 hr. 10mins
- 1 box of Elbow Pasta
- Two 14.5 oz cans of Diced Tomatoes (you can pick what kind you want; we like ones with garlic or just some sort of spice in them)
- Enough Chicken Broth to soak pasta
- Shredded Cheese (this depends how cheesy you want it and its up to you what kind you want, cheddar is the best)
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan. We usually cook it until it to al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and then put it into a large baking dish. Pour chicken broth to cover pasta and then allow to soak for 20 mins.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes and bake for 20 minutes
- Add the shredded cheese – you can stir some of it and leave some it coated on top and then place back in the oven for 20 minutes!
- And that’s it! Enjoy!
We have made this dish many different times. You can add meat, more cheese – I even put some jalapenos in this one just to spice it up! But it is very yummy and super filling. You can have it for days and it won’t get boring, plus you can it eat it cold! We love it and cannot stop eating it, and we hope you won’t either!