I don’t have a pretty after picture because we ate it that fast! These Rosemary Brussels Sprouts will make your healthy heart go pitter patter. TRUST ME.
A friend of mine has taken January by storm and has committed the month of January to a Whole 30 diet. I applaud her for having more self control than me, but also… pregnant. So I’m not in any mental shape really to give up a few things that I crave. Like sweet tea. And sweet tea. Also cheese, and sweet tea.
But, out to dinner last night I was completely (at least for the moment) inspired by her good choices and decided to search pinterest for some easy Whole 30 recipes that we might be able to try out. Alas, bacon caught my eye. I originally found this recipe on The Paleo Running Momma – but we tweaked it just a bit.
Rosemary Brussels Sprouts
Whole 30 approved and you would never even know it! Try this recipe as a healthy side, or even as a main dish.
- 1 lb Bacon, Diced
- 2 Red Delicious Apples, Diced
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, Diced
- 2 tbsp Rosemary
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook until it is mostly done.
2. While bacon is cooking, peel and chop apples into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces. When bacon is done, add the apples to the pan.
3. With apples and bacon cooking, cut the tops off the brussels sprouts and dice them as small as you want. Add to the pan.
4. Sprinkle rosemary throughout the pan, and stir well.
5. Stir frequently to avoid burning the brussels sprouts, and cook for roughly 20 more minutes, or until apples are soft.
6. Serve immediately!
If you are following the Whole 30 plan, make sure to check that you are cooking with approved bacon.
We only used the grease from the bacon for this dish. There's no need to add any butter to the pan.