Everyone loves a good Chicken Noodle Soup – and I love an easy and quick recipe! Chicken Noodle Soup sounded time consuming, messy, and nothing I was up for after a long day at work. I was so excited to learn I could do most of this recipe with a crock pot! Enjoy this time-saver recipe for a delicious Chicken Noodle Soup, that will leave you with plenty of leftovers!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 6 hours
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Carrots
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 1lb Pasta
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Chop the carrots, celery, and onion to preferred size. (We chop everything pretty tiny!)
- Slice chicken breast into strips, 1 inch thick. Add this chicken and the vegetables to the crock pot.
- In a measuring cup, mix water, garlic powder, pepper, and italian seasoning. Then, add this to the crock pot.
- Cook this mixture in the crock pot on high for 5 hours –
- Later on, when you are almost ready to eat, finish the following steps –
- Cook 1 lb pasta as you normally would.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove the chicken strips from the crock pot and shred it using 2 forks. Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot.
- Drain pasta and add it to the crock pot!
- Mix well and enjoy!
Top it off with other seasonings that you love, or shredded cheese!
We loved this soup! The night before, I did the chopping, and put everything into the crock pot. That way, the next morning, I just turned the crock pot on. This prep took only 30 minutes. When I got home from work, the crock pot had finished cooking and was on warm. In ten minutes, the pasta was cooked and we were sitting down enjoying a hot bowl of soup on a cold day!