We love a good pasta-salad, but sometimes it seems that this is quite a summer dish. Needless to say, I had to winter-ize one of my favorite dishes! Nothing feels more like fall-food than adding lots of vegetables… so check it out!
- 1lb pasta (we used angel hair, broken into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 stalk of green onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Wish-bone Mediterranean Italian Dressing
- Chop the green onion, tomatoes, and green bell peppers and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, and 1 cup of italian dressing. Mix well with the chopped veggies.
- Cook your pasta, and drain as normal.
- Rinse the pasta with cold water until all of the pasta is chilled.
- Add the pasta, a bit at a time, to the veggie mixture and stir.
- Chill for 1 hour, and enjoy!
Some fun ways to twist this up…
- We ended up adding the entire 1lb of pasta, but you may prefer more veggies and less pasta!
- The Italian dressing depends on how much pasta you end up adding, and how strong you want your flavor. Start with the recipe as written, and add from there!
- Rinsing the pasta in cold water just speeds up the cooling process. This is, afterall, a cold pasta dish!
- Add some meat! Sausage or pepperonis would be a great way to make this dish just a bit heavier!