Hey everyone! If the holidays haven’t stuffed you enough, here’s a new recipe! I actually stole this one from my Aunt, and then modified it just a tad! We don’t actually eat a lot of red meat, so I used Ground Chicken instead! Here’s a little secret – tacos taste JUST as AWESOME this way!
And since we’re in the south, we think this recipe is perfect – considering its Tacos… and biscuits…
Recipe: Taco Ring
- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Bag Shredded Mexican Mix Cheese
- 2 tbs water
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 2 Packs of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Cook the ground chicken, and drain. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the water, and taco seasoning, and mix thoroughly.
- Add cheese, as desired. (We used the whole bag).
- Unwrap one package of Crescent Rolls and place onto a baking sheet, overlapping the wide edges of the triangle, to form a ring. (See the pictures below!)
- Using a spoon, spread the taco mixture around the ring.
- Pull the edges over and press, forming a ring.
- You can use the second package of crescent rolls to fill in any gaps – you will see in the picture that we had some open room in the roll!
- All extra rolls were used to make individual taco rolls (for the “I WANT MY OWN” kiddos at your table)
I served this with steamed corn and chiles, with chopped tomatoes on the side!
Let us know what you think! Don’t forget: Sharing is caring! Share, tweet, and pin away sweet readers!