Today was full of chores and house renovations – so not only did we not have the energy to cook a decent dinner, but we were also in no shape to go anywhere looking any kind of decent!
So while I was making lunch, I also tossed this great dinner together into the crock pot!
Here’s how it went – Combine the following into a crockpot –
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups of (I used frozen) corn
- 1/2 cup of (I used frozen) chopped onions
- 2 small cans of diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 large can of enchilada sauce
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 packet of ranch dressing powder
Cook that on low for ~ 4 hours
A little bit before you’re ready to eat…
- add 1.5 cups of (brown – let’s at least try to be healty) rice & 3 cups of water
Cook on high for another 30 minutes!
TA-DA! We each had a bowl, and I had enough leftover for 3 ziploc bags to freeze.
Each ziploc bag will feed us for one night.
I’m falling more and more in love with crock pot meals! We’ve got lasagna, enchilada bowls, and stir fry for weeks saved up in that freezer.
We’re totes on the #winning train today.