Chemo Comfort Bags

**I did this project in early 2015 as a way to give back to patients on the journey through Chemotherapy. I am not currently working on another round of this project. Please feel free to use this idea in your hometown!*** Scroll down to see the details of how we provided over 200 Chemo Comfort Bags to local chemotherapy patients.MealTrainHealthyFreezerMeals

Marshall and I are working on a great new project – Β fundraising to provide cancer patients withΒ Chemotherapy Comfort Bags, which we are delivering to Cape Fear Cancer Specialists here in Wilmington, North Carolina.Β But I need your help! (That’s right – last time went so well, we’re doing it again!!) One of my many goals this year is to GIVE BACK. And with this we are off to a great start.

Twin Birth Story | Labor And Delivery | Vaginal Natural Twin Delivery | C-Section | The Salt Water Wife

Every bag will be tagged in memory or in honor of a loved one. Your $25 donation will provide the thermal tote bag we will use. Then, we will be stuffing the bags with things like chap stick, socks, blankets, snacks, water, mints, books, crossword puzzles and more. Our partners at Cape Fear Cancer Specialists have told us the biggest hurdle with chemo appointments is that patients get hungry and thirsty. So our primary goal is to provide them with a great tote that they can always carry their food and drink in.

You can sponsor a bag by messaging us through Facebook, or our contact page here on the blog. Thank you for partnering with us to help make a difference in our community! If you would like to get this project going in your home town, feel free to message us with any questions or comments!

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

• Reply Anna May 11, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Hi! I love this idea! I’m currently trying to get this going in my area. I was wondering how successful you were with this? I only see a few bags in the post. I’m setting a goal of 31 bags! Wish me luck!

• Reply annaleethomasson@gmail.com May 11, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Anna – that’s so exciting! we did a few rounds over about a year and a half. In total I think we delivered nearly 100bags!! Probably 20-30 each time!

• Reply Kim January 31, 2017 at 9:57 am

Hi. I have been looking for something like this for my aunt. She just recently started chemo for stage 3c ovarian cancer. Is there anyway I could buy one off you? I’m willing to pay more than the $25 if I need to. Thanks!

• Reply annaleethomasson@gmail.com January 31, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi Kim! Unfortunately I’m not currently working on this project. All of our bags have been distributed! They are super easy to make though, and most items can be found at the dollar store! Send my love to your aunt!! – Annalee

• Reply Robin March 26, 2017 at 10:21 am

Where did you buy the totes? I love that they are bright, happy colors! I’d love to make some chemo comfort bags for my local area.

• Reply annaleethomasson@gmail.com March 26, 2017 at 10:44 am

Hey Robin! I got these totes from Thirty One!

• Reply Michelle Coady Keasal August 27, 2017 at 1:14 am

You mentioned that every bag was tagged in Memory or in Honor of a loved one… did you tag them or did the receiving organization tag them?

• Reply annaleethomasson@gmail.com August 27, 2017 at 6:39 am

Hi there! I tagged them! Those who donated to my project could let me know who it was in memory or in honor of.